Thursday, August 15, 2024

Review of Standard #28



Standard 28. The Clubhouse provides assistance designed to help members improve their physical health and wellness, in partnership with community-based resources and healthcare providers. If the Clubhouse also provides in-house wellness activities , they are scheduled to be consistent with a vibrant, side-by-side work-ordered day; and significantly utilize the teaching skills and expertise of members.

Eric Schroeder reviewed this standard and wrote what it means to him:

"B’More Clubhouse helps me accomplish all my dreams, goals, talents, gifts, abilities, creativities, imaginations, ambitions and plans for my future. At the Clubhouse, I try new school ways and some old school ways. Every unit in B’More Clubhouse keeps me doing tasks that help my mental health and physical health. We do wellness and fitness challenges to help mental health and physical health. They keep my brain and body from being idle. B’More Clubhouse improves health if members are consistent in working. I like to come daily to improve my mental health and physical health."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fundraiser Gala

Interview with Rosemary Quinn, Board Chair of B'More Clubhouse What goes into planning an event like this?   A lot which is why we hav...