Thursday, August 22, 2024

Employment Spotlight: Q&A with Cierra

This July, Cierra Hill started her first ever job at Copper Kitchen, a Transitional Employment partner of B'More Clubhouse. We asked Cierra some questions about working and her passion for cooking for the August newsletter and here's what she had to say:


BMC: How do you like your job so far?

Cierra: I love it the people there are so kind and I’m learning so much. I feel like a real employee and it’s the perfect first job for me.

BMC: Does Copper Kitchen like your work?

Cierra: I believe Copper Kitchen finds that I’m very useful there, and is a quick learner. I hope they know how appreciative I am for their support.

BMC: Where did you learn your cooking skills?

Cierra: Well I learned from B’More Clubhouse of course. I learned to cook food properly and commit to a meal through recipes. I learned safety skills and how to prepare ingredients.

BMC: What kinds of tasks do you work on at Copper Kitchen?

Cierra: I’m a prep chef at Copper Kitchen, and I prepare meals and gather ingredients for events. I also sometimes wash dishes when the business isn’t busy.

BMC: What are your future goals after your TE

Cierra: My future goals are to find a culinary job that finds my skills useful and I can work long term in the future. Also I want to cook my own meals at home that I learned at this TE job.

BMC: What is your favorite dish you have helped to prepare?

Cierra: So far my favorite meal has been making pizza, like the sauce and vegetables to put on the pizza. Soon I hope to make new meals and prepare foods that’ll teach me new skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fundraiser Gala

Interview with Rosemary Quinn, Board Chair of B'More Clubhouse What goes into planning an event like this?   A lot which is why we hav...