Thursday, July 18, 2024

Mariana's 1 Year Anniversary!




Mariana Torres celebrated her 1st anniversary of becoming a Staff at B'More Clubhouse last month, so we asked her some questions!


1. Why did you want to work at B’More Clubhouse?

My dad actually worked at a clubhouse, and I knew it was very community-based. I knew I was moving into Baltimore and looking for a job that was going to connect me with a community.

2. What’s your favorite thing about working here?

Getting to form relationships with people has just been so, so, so rewarding.

3. What’s your least favorite thing about working here?

Hardest thing is the times when you are giving community resource support but there just aren’t enough resources to support people. It can be very disheartening.

4. What would you tell an interested person about what it’s like to work here?

AS long as you like socializing and have that social battery to work with people, you’re probably really going to enjoy it. My capacity for social interaction has expanded; I love waking up to come here and be with my people.

5. What is your favorite movie?

The original ‘Scream.’

6. Please share three fun facts about your dog Parker!

She has an alternate personality named Porker and if you ever meet her you will get to hear her piggy snort.

I gave her her 4th home. 4th and final, she’s sticking around.

People report to me that her nose looks like a little heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fundraiser Gala

Interview with Rosemary Quinn, Board Chair of B'More Clubhouse What goes into planning an event like this?   A lot which is why we hav...