Monday, June 5, 2023

4th Saturday at The Bun Shop

 By Mindy Griffin


     On Saturday May 27th, I got out of the house and went with the Clubhouse to The Bun Shop. The Bun Shop is a restaurant that serves any kind of bun you can think of. I had a Breakfast Bake bun with a cappuccino and an Americano. We also played board games while we were there. I had a really good time. Cusa brought a card game with pictures of sushi on it which was really cute. I also played chess, but lost. I still liked playing though; it was challenging and stimulating for the mind.

     The Bun Shop was a cozy little place, and when you’re a paying customer, they treat you well.  For art they had all kinds of graffiti in their bathroom, and they had a big table set up that we played board games on. I also had umpteen cups of courtesy water with ice.  It was a mountaintop experience, and I think we’re blessed as a Clubhouse to host such events. It’s nice that we can get out and about to socialize at places like The Bun Shop every fourth Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fundraiser Gala

Interview with Rosemary Quinn, Board Chair of B'More Clubhouse What goes into planning an event like this?   A lot which is why we hav...